Catholic Daughters of the Americas
Catholic Daughters of America
Formed in 1903, The Catholic Daughters of the Americas is one of the Oldest and Largest
Organizations of Catholic Women in the Americas
Court Greene County #1923 Carmichaels, PA.
Instituted: September 20, 1964 with 41 Charter members
Meetings: 5:00PM -- Second Thursday of each month -- September - June
St. Hugh Social Hall, Carmichaels, PA 15320
Under the patronage of the Blessed Mother, the Catholic Daughters of the Americas are united by their faith in
Jesus Christ, in their devotion to the church and the Holy See.
Who Are The Catholic Daughters?
The Catholic Daughters of the Americas is one of the oldest and largest organizations of Catholic women in the Americas.
They donate to charities, administer scholarship programs and strive “to be helping hands where there is pain, poverty, sorrow or sickness.”
The CDA motto is “Unity and Charity.”
John A. Carberry, a Knight of Columbus, in Utica, New York, founded the CDA on June 24, 1903. Catholic Daughter women enjoy each other’s company at meetings and work hard for their parishes and communities.
Deeply spiritual, together they share: faith, love of God, and a distinctly feminine spirituality alluded to by Pope John Paul II when he spoke of the necessity of “feminine genius” in today’s world.
The program includes concerns of today’s church and society as well as issues that affect the well-being of women and children. New and Returning members are always welcome – Meeting reminders are listed in the Church bulletin.
National Website for The Catholic Daughters of the Americas: www.catholicdaughters.org