St. Ann Parish Pastoral Council
The St. Ann Parish Pastoral Council
A Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) is hereby established for St. Ann Parish of Waynesburg, PA. The PPC is the primary consultative body to the pastor in matters which touch the pastoral life of the entire parish. The PPC assists in fostering pastoral activity – especially in regard to community, worship and prayer, service, education, and leadership/administration.
As the PPC is not a coordinating committee of ministries, it is not activity driven. It is mission driven, and relies on the core principles of ecclesiology and spirituality that embrace each member’s baptismal call and a sense of stewardship that challenges each member to use his/her gifts wisely and for others.
Number of Members:
PPC membership shall consist of no fewer than 10 and not more than 12 members.
To be eligible for membership, individuals must meet the following qualifications found within the Lay Ministries Handbook for Parishes and Institutions.
- Fully initiated Catholics having received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist, who are registered and active in parish live, are in good standing with the Church and have reached the age of 18.
- Persons with an understanding of and commitment to the Church as expressed in the documents of the Second Vatican Council.
- Persons committed to prayer, Gospel values and growth in personal holiness.
- Individuals knowledgeable about the life and teachings of Jesus, the mission of the Church and the distinctive characteristics of the parish, its ministries and its people.
- Individuals skilled in group process, interpersonal communication and collaboration.
- Those willing to participate in on-going faith formation.
In the Diocese of Pittsburgh, it is also necessary that all those considering membership on a Parish Pastoral Council read, understand and sign the Code of Pastoral Conduct.
If you are interested in joining our Pastoral Council, please contact Fr. Francis Frazer.